Designing Your Own Tattoo?
Before you get into creating your own tattoo designs, I want to go over some simple steps that should be very helpful.
- Try your best clear your mind while gathering some stationary, some planning paper. (Color isn't necessary but might help)
- Ask yourself the following questions and write your answers down.
- What is the main theme in your life?
- Do you have any vivid memories of a particular even in your life?
- Any struggles in your life that you've overcome, or am overcoming?
- What is your main source of happiness?
- Do you have any inspiration from other tattoo designs?
(click this link for inspiration)
- Any life goals?
- Do you follow any religion or have any spiritual symbols?
- Cover your answers and take your time to relax. Again, try to relax your mind.
- Imagine yourself in empty space.
- Slowly zoom into a specific part of your body.
- Just follow your intuition here. Don't try too hard to think!
As you zoom... Imagine a tattoo on that area. Slowly think up the major details and craft the minor details as your zoom in further.
- When you're ready, Open your eyes and IMMEDIATELY sketch what you saw.
- Simply write down any description of any parts/colors you're unable to draw.
- When you've finished your plan, you want to refine your designs with tattoo fillers, backgrounds, and stencils to your liking.
- This is where I recommend some inspiration from other tattoo designs. You'll want to use a simple designer software such as TattooMeNow, or if you're feeling confident in your artwork without any refinement softwares you can do a quick google search for some inspiration to base your final designs on.
Good Luck, and have fun with it!